RE: [SQU] Automatic detection...

From: <OsborJa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:13:07 -0500

> I was wondering, how can you give the instructions to IE (Internet =
> Explorer) when it has Automatic detect settings enabled (for Proxy =
> settings)? Is it possible that Squid provides such info to
> the Browser =
> automatically?

The latest DHCP server from ISC (as well as Win2k) supports a proxy setting
to be issued by DHCP. Otherwise, if you are on an NT domain you can force
IE users to use a proxy.ins file (by adding it to their logon script using a
reg hack). From the .ins file you resource a proxy .pac file that defines
proxy servers and stuff. In the .pac file you define the info specific to
your squid proxy.