[squid-users] Way to disable TTL check for some object types?

From: Joao Clemente <jpcl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:29:33 +0100

I had this ideia , because of this "feature" in http references :

A lot of sites have negative TTL times, so that we can't do caching... but I
suppose a lot of them do it , even not needing to do it... Like having a
negative TTL in a banner? what for?
Well, I used once a windows proxy that cached everithing ignoring TTL' s...
( I dont recommend it to anyone unless you want to know last week's news ;)

What I was triyng to do was to make squid ignore the age checking ( well,
the TTL checking ) of some object types, like gifs and jpegs... http text
and everything else would have the normal behaviour...

that way, a page would be gotten from the web server but built-in images,
advertising banners, logo's , etc , wold be gotten from the cache... No
problem with coeherence ( i am assuming that the images don't usually
change) .. To that objects type, we could define a standart TTL, like 1 day,
1 hour, ... In that time , a frequently seen page wold have gotten quite a
big number of hits and that way speeding up a lot of web surfing....

Is there a way to do this? Or something like this?
Thanks

Joao Clemente