Re: [squid-users] how to remove X-Forwarded-For: header

From: Phil Howard <phil-squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 02:29:17 -0600

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 12:56:38AM -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:

| On Tue, Mar 05, 2002, Phil Howard wrote:
| > I have this in my squid.conf file:
| >
| > anonymize_headers deny via
| > anonymize_headers deny x_forwarded_for
| > anonymize_headers deny user-agent
| > forwarded_for off
| >
| > I get this message at startup:
| >
| > parse_http_header: Ignoring unknown header 'x_forwarded_for'
|
| Hi,
|
| # TAG: forwarded_for on|off
| # If set, Squid will include your system's IP address or name
| # in the HTTP requests it forwards. By default it looks like
| # this:
| #
| #
| #Default:
| # forwarded_for on
|

| You _can_ add more headers to the list of squid's _known_ header
| list, but that isn't a runtime directive.

I figured that would be the case. But once I get into the source,
I'm more inclined to make it so the headers don't need to be in that
list for the anonymize_headers directive. If it currently works by
setting a bit for each entry, I'll need to make something where it
can keep a dynamically growing list. I might also want to use regular
expressions such as:

    anonymize_headers deny ^x-.*$

| Phil Howard - KA9WGN |   Dallas   | http://linuxhomepage.com/ |
| phil-nospam@ipal.net | Texas, USA | http://phil.ipal.org/     |