[squid-users] visible hostname

From: Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) <Philippe.Dhont@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:59:30 +0100

Hi all,

I downloaded version 2.5 (used to work with 2.4-6) and i reinstalled
everything, i also reconfigured the squid.conf
But I have one little problem when I want to start squid via squid -D
I get the error:

......terminated abnormally
........please set 'visible_hostname'

now I saw that other users set something like cache.org in visible hostname
but I doesn't work either if I set that for testing.
Could someone give me a bit more info about visible_hostname and the error I
get ?

Thnx, greetz!

Philippe Dhont