[squid-users] Question about url redirection

From: Stefan M. Ritter <ritter.s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 08:10:01 +0200

hi *
I have a question about the url redirector if I want to serve multiple
webservers:
in the squid documentation I found:
"Note that the mapping needs to be a 1-1 mapping between requested and
backend (from redirector) domain names or caching will fail, as caching
is performed using the URL returned from the redirector"

So, if I have the following redirector which mapps 2 official web urls
to internal servers:
s,^http://www.shopping.com,http://server1.internal.other.com,
s,^http://www.buying.com,http://server2.internal.other.com,

Will this be a problem for caching because I have different domain names
for official and internal servers???
What I have seen so far is, that only server1 and server2 will occur
inside the cache, but not shopping and buying, because
the cache uses the urls it gets from the redirector.
I really dont understand what this "1-1 mapping" means.
Can anybody explain this to me?

Thx in advance,
Stefan