Re: [squid-users] auth limit

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:52:51 +0200

On Thursday 11 July 2002 13.24, Bgs himself wrote:

> Is there a way to limit the number of users who are allowed to
> access squid using authentucation ?
>
> I want to create a system where there are many users, but only a
> handful may access the proxy at any moment. This is due to the
> ISP's strict regulation.

Not built in to Squid, but with a little programming you should be
able to make such extensions quite easily.

I would recommend writing a helper to the external_acl scheme of
Squid-2.5 for this purpose
<http://devel.squid-cache.org/external_acl/>, much more efficient
than using the redirector interface.