Re: [squid-users] Squid parent for 30 ISA's

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:23:32 +0200

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 18.38, Gustavo Duarte wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> Here in my company we have 30 branch offices that have ISA Standard
> Edition with Windows authentication. The problem is that this
> version of ISA, does not support the feature of hierarchical proxy,
> so I want to put Squid with transparent proxy to be parent of these
> 30 ISA's. Is there any special configuration needed in Squid to be
> parent to a ISA server?

To Squid operating in transparent mode should be just like any web
browser running on the ISA server computer.. no special configuration
needed.

The ISA server is supposed to support hierarchical caching and
routing.. so it might be worth to spend some more time to investigate
if your version does. It is advisable to avoid transparent proxying
if you can.

http://www.isaserver.org/pages/articles.asp?art=152
http://www.microsoft.com/ISASERVER/features/evaluation/features/cache/distributedcaching.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/ISASERVER/howtobuy/choosing/default.asp