[squid-users] MicroSoft Fix for IE6-SP1 Auth/Refresh Problem

From: Murphy Terrance M <MurphyTerranceM@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:06:37 -0500

Regarding the problem of IE6/SP1 failing to deliver first page after
authentication in Squid..... Appears to be have been regression in MS's
code...

(from our company's MS guru...)
Good news... It looks like Microsoft is going to fix the IE 6.0 SP1 problem
with the SQUID proxies. Apparently they fixed this bug before, but broke it
again while they were patching WININET.DLL for SP1.

( partial quote from MS tech to our guru... )
"This looks like a regression in our code (this apparently had been fixed
in the past). A current bug has been filed and a fix in the works as we
speak. I should have a binary for this soon..."

[ Names omitted to protect the proxy guy ]

Terry Murphy
Proxy Guy
MurphyTerranceM@JohnDeere.com