Re: [squid-users] aufs problems on AIX

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:55:14 +0200

Hi,

Il 13.33 22/10/2002 Gerard Eviston ha scritto:
>On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:40, Robert Collins wrote:
> > On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 01:15, Gerard Eviston wrote:
> > > Hope I'm not muddying the waters too much, but I had a very similar
> > > problem on AIX:
> >
> > (after picking the mud out)..
>
>Thanks for the reply :-)
>

> > > http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200208/0362.html
> > >
> > > I havent checked since, but if the code had changed very little then it
> > > could still be an outstanding issue for AIX too.
>
>I thought I'd better confirm my speculation so I checked it out today on
>2.5S1-20021022. The problem still occurs, specifically the open call in
>squidaio_do_open(), fs/aufs/aiops.c:584 (probably obvious to some folks).
>

> > It *may* have been due to a missing _REENTRANT flag for CFLAGS, as per
> > my other emails. Can you build a stable squid, and check that CFLAGS
> > does indeed get _REENTRANT on AIX?
> >

>Good thinking. Not at the keyboard now but I'd swear on lefty that _REENTRANT
>was there when I compiled today. I'll follow up tomorrow and eat my words if
>necessary. Other than that though I'm pretty stumped, except ... could it be
>possible for EAGAIN to happen when there are several files being created at
>the same instant within the same directory?
>
> > Cheers,
> > Rob
>
>Regards
>Gerard

With latest changes regarding _REENTRANT, on Solaris the problem seems
resolved.
In the next days I will monitor my Solaris system, but the File Descriptors
page on cachemgr is now consistent, so I think that the problem is solved
(on Solaris).

Regards

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it