Re: [squid-users] Squid LAN transfer performance slow

From: Tais M. Hansen <tais.hansen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:20:20 +0100

On Sunday 27 October 2002 17:08, Marc Elsen wrote:
> Could there be induced bottlenecks as a result of the lan perimeter
> parameters ?

I doubt it.

> What kind of connection is being realized to the Intranet.

One server/gateway connected to a switch with 4 clients and a switch, which
holds 3 clients.

> Check port status on network hub, watch for possible errors over there.

There's no collision light, I'm afraid. Only link and activity.

> If the same file size is being transferred from the SQUID machine
> to a SQUID client, without SQUID, I mean , just ftp a file
> from the machine to the Intranet, are then the same bottlenecks
> observed ?

Nope. Just as with the request from the a webserver on the same box, it
transfers very quickly. FTP showed about 11 MB/s. Same file from same server.

I'm thinking if the bottleneck could be in the communication between squid and
the diskio (aufs) thread?

--
Regards,
Tais M. Hansen