RE: [squid-users] squid 2.5 Proxy-Chaining : POST not working

From: Lightfoot.Michael <Lightfoot.Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:43:18 +1100

I'm copying this back to the list because there are others who are
interested.

> at first - sorry for by bad english :-)

No problem - you should see my deutsch (and I actually learned it at
school!!)

> I think we have nearly the same internet-infrastructure.
> In my company we have 5 intern proxy-server (Netscape Proxy
> 3.5) which are connected to the firewall (firewall-1) and
> then to the internet. Our internal proxy-servers are based on
> SUN-Hardware (SUN U2 & SUN R220) with 2 GB Memory and 2 CPUs.
>
> We want to switch all machines to squid instead of netscape -
> but still have some problems. POSTs in HTML-forms works only
> about 10% of all tries (for me seems to be a timeout-problem
> some in the source-code) - so I can't switch squid to productive. :-(
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael
>
> Michael Jungmann
> OITS22 IT-Services-Desktop-Frontend-Germany

Do you have examples of POSTs that work and POSTs that don't? Is it
predictable or does it seem random? Have you turned on some debugging
(now I did ask a couple of days ago where to find the definitive list of
debug levels...)?

If there is some bug with POST we need to identify it ASAP, so that
others don't get bitten. OTOH, if it is a configuration problem, we
need to get that sorted out as well as other might fall into the same
trap.

Just as a pointer to this being perhaps a configuration issue, I haven't
had any reports from my users of difficulties with POSTing. I only have
the first cache as squid and am still running an (ancient) Netscrape
proxy in the DMZ. What I was going to do was put in a test squid DMZ
proxy, but I'm working on other (squidGuard-related) issues first.

Michael Lightfoot
Unix Consultant
ISG Host Systems
Comcare
+61 2 62750680
Apologies for the rubbish that follows...

NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.

Comcare's Canberra and Melbourne offices have moved to new premises.

We hope this notice makes it easier for you to update your records.

New street addresses:

Canberra office
Level 1
14 Moore street
CANBERRA CITY ACT 2601

Melbourne Office
Level 2
121 William Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
Claims Fax Number 03 9620 4721

Please call Comcare on 1300 366 979 if you have any queries.