[squid-users] Refresh rules help...

From: Perry, Owain (Gamer.tv) <Owain.Perry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:04:49 -0000

Hello all,

We use squid as an accelerator for our site. we have two farms with a
few squids in each. one farm in the US cache's off the other farm. I
want the cahce's in the US to cache some urls on our site for longer
than in the other farm and ignore the HTTP header settings. e.g:

if url = /files/test.html then cache for 1 hour
if url = /files/test1.html then cache for 2 hours
if url = *.gif then cache for 1 day

where the HTTP header for both pages might set a expire time of 5 mins.

Is this possible using refresh rules? I think it is, but just wanted any
comments before I try to do the impossible.

Thanks in advance.

OP

DISCLAIMER - The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments)
contains information that may be confidential, may be protected by the
attorney-client or other applicable privileges, or may constitute non-public
information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated
recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient of this
message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then
delete all copies of it from your computer system. Any use, dissemination,
distribution, or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is
not authorized and may be unlawful. The contents of this communication do
not necessarily represent the views of this company.