RE: [squid-users] Squid constantly restarting...

From: Schuster, Dan <Dan.Schuster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:02:15 -0600

>> The defer value is printed out in the FATAL statement, the about value
was
>> (FD) 23. There appears to be no consistency in that value and has been
>> anything from 13 to 247.

>Which makes no sense.. As far as I can tell all the defer functions
>(clientReadDefer, httpAcceptDefer, fwdCheckDeferRead,
>sslDeferServerRead) all return only the values -1 / 0 / +1.
>
>Try recompiling Squid without optimization to rule out compiler bugs.

I disabled compiler optimizations by setting the CFLAGS before compiling:
 CFLAGS="-g -Wall"; export CFLAGS
And sure enough the problem has gone away!!!

> What compiler are you using?
I had tried both gcc2.96 and gcc3.0.4 with both producing the same problem.

I want to thank you Henrick and Rob for both helping track down this
problem.
-Dan