[squid-users] Some HQ website can't be reached

From: Ben White <mompopiah@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:53:18 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

I hv 2 proxies.

First one is an old proxy, second proxy is Squid.

To go out to the Internet, or hq websites, I made the
old proxy as a parent in squid.conf (cache_peer
10.x.x.x parent 8080 0 no-query default).

But I realized that some hq websites can't be reached
when using squid. The Netscape keeps telling me the
website is either down or not responding. IE6 says
:Connection Failed. The access log shows :

[04/Mar/2003:14:33:16 +0800] "GET http://xxxx.hq.com/
HTTP/1.0" 0 0 TCP_MISS:DEFAULT_PARENT

which looks normal to me. No complaints in cache log
either.

When I switch the proxy settings in my browsers to use
the old proxy, instead of squid proxy, I can go the
the hq website in question without much problem.

I can't see what is wrong with my squid. Anyone got
any advice for me ?