Re: [squid-users] can squid perform authentication without prompting users for usernames and passwds ?

From: <reymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:06:02 +0100

hi again !

here is why I think it was not only identification with border manager

the way authentication was performed with border manager:
we had a program "Novell Client Trust" that communicated with the Border
Manager Proxy, supplying it with the logon information we had entered when
logging into SDS2000. Then if this information corresponds to what Border
Manager has in its text file of authorised users (which file is built by
exporting the list of Lotus Notes authorised users), then access to the
Internet is allowed.

now, if I use ntlm authentication with squid2.5, will I be prompted only once
for a username and password or will I be authenticated based on my SDS2000
login and password, and therefore never be prompted for authentication once I
have logged into the system ?

thanks !

Regards,

Marie-Carmen Rey