[squid-users] Logging of denied sites and setting up acl

From: Gary Hostetler <whostet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:04:10 -0500

I do not see in the acces.log where sites that I block are denied access. I am especailly trying to avoid that dreaded gator.com which I have set up an acl to deny but when I check the log it does tell me Miss on the gator entries but it doesn't tell me that it was denied.

Also when I put a list of domains to deny can that list be 100 names long or do I need to break it up. We have about 100 sites that we block on our 3Coms and I would like to cut and paste that list into squid.conf after I put the names one after another with a space in between.

thanks
Gary