[squid-users] 301 Response Rewrites

From: jonathan soong <jon.soong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:09:00 +0930

Hi everyone,

Just had a problem i am tackling with squid.

We are using Squid in accelerator mode (reverse proxy) through an ssh
tunnel into an internal webserver.

Sometimes the internal webserver sends 301/302 responses saying:
"redirect to localmachine.localdomain".

The localmachine.localdomain is on our local network and can't be seen
from the Internet.

Is it possible to have Squid intercept the 301/302 responses and rewrite
them?
[Note, i searched the logs and found this thread:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/199801/0141.html
which says it is not possible, but i was thinking that there may be
changes since then].

(Note this is not a normal redirect rewrite - which can be done when a
user *requests* a page and squid
rewrites it to a new address. This is a rewriting a 301/302 *response*).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jon