Re: [squid-users] Enabling SSLGateway

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:18:31 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Richard Barrett wrote:

> My objective is to use Squid as an https reverse proxy front ending an
> Apache server. Squid is happily terminating incoming https connections
> from the browser and making http requests to the Apache server. But I
> want the requests from Squid to Apache to also use https so that Squid
> is functioning as a transparent https 'gateway'.

The easies way of doing this in Squid-2.5 is to use the Apache as a
"parent" to your Squid with the ssl cache_peer flag.

   cache_peer your.apache.server parent 80 0 no-query ssl
   never_direct allow all

Another way is to use a redirector helper to rewrite the accelerated URLs
to https://...

In Squid-3 this is considerably easier and works a bit better (except for
the fact Squid-3 is still under development and is somewhat of a moving
target..)