[squid-users] Squid 2.5 as Reverse Proxy

From: <Reinhold.Krinninger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:16:59 +0100

Hello, I use squid 2.5Stable7 on RED HAT ES3 and have now thereby the
following problem:
Squid is used as Reverse Proxy, which functions also very satisfyingly, as
long as I must pass on only the HTTP haven to our Web server.
Now I have to pass on beside the HTTP Port still a second Port further to
our Web server.
In squid.conf I have read, how to do this, in which I several http_ports
indicate and which option httpd_accel_port on "0" set.
If I adjust this in such a way, I get a HTML side in the Browser am always
indicated, those by Squid generated and as error message
 "Invalid URL" contains. The URL of the Web server on that HTML side
becomes with "http://<fqdn of webserver>:0" indicated.
What here wrong do I make?
Here still the relevant lines from squid.conf:

http_port 80 http_port 3102
.
.
.
http_access allow all
.
.
.
httpd_accel_host <fqdn of webserver>
httpd_accel_single_host on
httpd_accel_port 0
httpd_accel_with_proxy off
httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

I already tested several combinations this parameter (on/off). Always
without success.
Know you, what could be wrong here?

PS: sorry about my english. Greetings from Germany!

Reinhold Krinninger