[squid-users] blocking mime types

From: Dave Kaupp <dave.kaupp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:50:14 -0800

I've been blocking exe files, etc to slow down spyware, etc. I've
noticed that download.com uses java to send files to the users, and
the extension is not always .exe

 I've tried a few examples and some suggestions I've done on searches
and I can't seem to block mime types at all. In this example, should
no GIF files be transfered to the users?

acl deny_programs req_mime_type ^image/gif$
acl deny_program2 rep_mime_type ^image/gif$

http_access deny deny_programs
http_access deny unsafe_domains
http_access deny deny_program2
http_access deny deny_files2
http_access allow 192.168
http_access allow 10.1.4
http_access allow deny

I've tried other mime types as well and they dont seem to get denied
either. Shold the above example work or am I doing something wrong?