Re: [squid-users] Digest Authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:52:24 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Glenn Baptista wrote:

> Can you provide some more direct help please?

Create the password file using htdigest

start the helper with -c option.

Works for me last time I tested, but it has admittedly been a while since
I tried this.

Another option is to edit the encrypted password file and add the tag
{HHA1} in front of the encrypted password. This makes Squid-3
digest_pw_auth recognise the encrypted password even if -c is not
specified and may be useful if you need to mix both encrypted and
plaintext passwords in the same file for some strange reason.