[squid-users] Re: Squid Error: No Running Copy

From: Hansrod <hansrod@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:00:20 +0200

Hi guys,

I have installed Fedora Core 2 & squid with it. However squid does not
start-up, I have tried all the ways, even tried the mailing posts but they
suggest a .pid file missing, which I searched for using the 'ps' command yet
there is no trace of it in the system, I even did a file search, but
nothing! I have even re-installed the OS on another machine & also on the
same machine but still the problem persists. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks.