[squid-users] redirector question (squirm)

From: cc <cc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:57:53 +0800

Hi,

I'm using Squid 2.5-stable7 with Squirm 1.0.0beta.
For testing's sake, I'm trying to redirect all traffic
that goes to http://www.microsoft.com to http://www.mozilla.org.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the use for redirection; but
given the following squid.patterns:

# patterns
regexi ^http://www\.microsoft\.com/ http://www\.mozilla\.org

If a user acesses http://www.microsoft.com, would he not be
redirected to www.mozilla.org?

The reason why I ask is that when the user goes to
www.microsoft.com, the URL address in the location bar
stays at 'www.microsoft.com', but the content is
www.mozilla.org (but without the styles and scripts
and images).

In the squirm.match, I get:

Tue Dec 28 17:56:45
2004:http://www.microsoft.com/images/firefox-oneoh-bottom.png:http://www.mozilla.org

(there's alot of these type of entries, basically starts with
www.microsoft.com/ and ends with what should be in www.mozilla.org.

And when I mouse over this image, it shows
http://www.microsoft.com/products/firefox

Can someone please clarify as to whether not I goofed and
misunderstood the whole intent of redirection?

Any help appreciated.

Ed