[squid-users] tos - setsockopt() problem - fwmarking possible?]

From: lartc <lartc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:31:58 +0100

[ sorry for the delay -- lost use of one hand -- hunt and peck on the
keyboard ]

Hi Henrik

Thanks very much for your note.

I think that you mis-typed the RFC it's actually 3168 ... anyway. The ip
TOS is now 4 bits, so the squid.conf.default ought to be changed to
reflect 0 -> 63 rather than 0 -> 255 as is now indicated.

Looking thru the archive, i noticed that you have mentioned on several
occasions that meta-data marking (iptables/fwmark/nfmark) is not
possible in squid.

Does this remain the case? It would really nice if I could patch it mark
hits/misses with fwmark -- marking this way allows an efficient hash
table for my tc config.

Cheers & Thanks Again

Charles