[squid-users] squid performance vs cache flow and high CPU usage

From: George Hong <george@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:08:23 +0800

Hi there,
  We are using both SQUID (the latest stable version) and cache flow to
cache the pictures for the website.
  I've been puzzled by the following fact that SQUID can only push less
than 30Mbps traffic with P4 2.4G, 2G mem, 4x18G hard disk because it
uses up the CPU. And we have an old cache flow with PIII 500 CPU, 4G
mem, 2x18G hard disk but it can push over 80Mbps traffic easily. And the
CPU usage is relatively low.
  So what's causing the SQUID to consume so much CPU? Any suggestion or
pointer is highly appreciated.
George