RE: [squid-users] How to overwrie the cache

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:29:44 +0100

> Hi, I've installed squid on a Sun Server (Solaris 8). Some
> one in this list
> told me about the configure squid.conf file using only the
> 50% of the free
> space in the filesystem where the cache directory was installed

  Untrue, cache size is specified in squid.conf and the allocated space
is used accordingly.
Taking into account values set for :

 - cache_swap_low 90
 - cache_swap_high 95

Check squid.conf.default for comments and explanation of these
parameters.

> For example we have a /data filesystem with 30 GB available and we
> configuring the squid.conf with this parameters cache_dir
> ufs /data 14000
> 32 256 (14000 is the 50% aprox. of the 30 GB and we increase the 16
> directorys to 32) this configuration are working very well,
> however when
> the cache directory (/data) have 14 GB the squid still up
> but the users on
> our network can't to browser to internet.

  What is the exact error , the users get in the browser ?

> The reason is the
> cache directory
> is over limit (14 GB, the squid's configuration file has
> stablisehd 14000).
>
> The question is how can i do to avoid delete the cache when
> the size of the
> filesystem is 14000, there is some way to overwrite the
> chache directory?

 Squid trims and maintains cache dir size(s) automatically, there is no
 need to intervene, taking into account the cache dir size , is not bigger
 then the space available on the Filesystem.

 If that does not happen for you, then , what version of SQUID is this ?

 M.