RE: [squid-users] squid stop responding

From: Sumith Gamage <sumith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:31:00 +0600

Dear Alex,

Just write a script to start squid. Let's say squid_start.sh. Put
following lines in the script.

# Setting number of file descriptors
ulimit -HSn 2048
# Assuming default location of squid installation
exec /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid

Now use this script to start the squid server. This way you can set
number of file descriptors prier to start squid process. Sometimes you
might need super user privileges to access ulimit utility.

Remember that you do not need to do any thing at the squid compilation.

If still the problem is there, this might be due to some other problem
(http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200503/0454.html).
I am afraid then I can not help.

Good luck!

Sumith