[squid-users] Squid 2.4.STABLE2 running in Accelerator Mode and problem with Ho st Headers

From: Nick Long <nick@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:59:47 -0000

Dear All,

I wonder whether anyone can help with a problem I seem to be having using
Squid 2.4.STABLE2 in accelerator mode which is passing the requests via a
redirector script to two Apache 1.3.33 servers for which I want to use Host
Headers as I no longer have the option of using IP based hosts.

The Apache servers are set up with the appropriate
NameVirtualHost,VirtualHost,Servername and DocumentRoot directives so they
can use name virtual hosts and Squid is configured with
redirect_rewrites_host_header off and httpd_accel_uses_host_header on.

What I get though is fairly random results as to whether the correct sites
are delivered based on host name. I am using HTTP/1.1 when I am requesting
these hostnames.

It seems like Squid is caching the wrong sites as if I force it to refresh
the site by adding a "?something" at the end of the URLs I do get the
correct sites.

Does anyone have any ideas, I have looked through the lists but cannot find
anything specifically that helps.

Thanks in advance,

Nick