Re: [squid-users] logging of websites - some help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:49:10 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Sangeeta Chachlani wrote:

> I just want to get hold of the the main website url that the user
> types on his browser and not the other components. Is there way to get
> access to only the main url?

There is not really a such thing in HTTP as "the main website URL". There
is just requests for objects where some objects are HTML, some objects are
images, some objects are flash animations etc, and the browser puts them
all together into a displayed page.

But you may be able to accomplish what you look for by using the custom
log formats patch <url:http://devel.squid-cache.org>, combined with an
req_header acl to not log requests with a Referer header.

acl has_referer req_header Referer .*

access_log /path/to/access.log !has_referer