RE: [squid-users] Squid Dies many times in one day

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:14:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 lokesh.khanna@accelonafrica.com wrote:

> What if you download a snapshot from squid.org and compile yourself
> instead of using redhat RPM file.

Generally I would recommend using an RPM version on RPM based
distributions, rebuilding to the current STABLE version (+ patches) if no
suitably new version can be found. This to benefit from the OS integration
already done in the RPM package (init scripts, log rotation etc).

I try to keep reasonably up to date RPM versions at
http://marasystems.com/download/squid/