[squid-users] Intermittant "page cannot be displayed" problems

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:30:35 +1200

Hi there.

Our users are complaining of intermittant squid problems. Browsers will
show "page cannot be displayed" (e.g. for www.google.com) but hitting
refresh, the page will be displayed ok. Everything was going alright for
months, but now this problem.

The only things I have done are add a few extra sites to the list of
blocked sites and updated the squid security patches in debian stable
the other day. What kind of things can I try to figure out why squid is
doing this? We have about 80 users, but it was doing this the other
night when no-one was onsite.

Thanks in advance.
D.R.