Re: [squid-users] Perl Redirector Question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:07:20 +0200

sön 2006-04-02 klockan 10:00 -0400 skrev Bernard Barton:
> I need to use a redirector because I'm using the GeoIP application
> to determine if requests are from valid countries. You can't do this
> with ACL's. In my redirector I check the IP address to determine
> if it's from one of 7 valid countries (Allowed by my company).
> I'm almost finished this, but thanks for your help.

I don't see any reason why you can't do this as an external acl. Only
benefits in doing so.

external acl helpers are helpers much like redirectors, except that they
are much more focused on a specific question such as "is the source IP
of this request in a suitable geographic location". Thanks to the
focused use the result can be cached by Squid to avoid having to redo
the same lookup on every request from that client..

Again, see the external_acl_type directive.