[squid-users] Maxconn Scenario

From: Lazuardi Nasution <mrxlazuardin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 09:28:04 +0700

Hi all,

I have configuration script like below. I need to know the different of
behaviors of three next scenarios. We just have limited connection to the
parent proxies and want to limit the users connection just if they need to
access to parent proxies because of uncached contents.But I don't want to
limit the connection for accessing the cached contents.

cache_peer proxyA parent 8080 0 no-query round-robin
cache_peer proxyB parent 8080 0 no-query round-robin
cache_peer proxyC parent 8080 0 no-query round-robin
acl myMax maxconn 7

What will happen if I add following scenarios in my configuration script ?

a) Scenario 1:
http_access allow all !myMax

b) Scenario 2:
http_reply_access allow all !myMax

c) Scenario 3:
cache_peer_access proxyA allow all !myMAx
cache_peer_access proxyB allow all !myMAx
cache_peer_access proxyC allow all !myMAx

Thank you in advance.

--
Lazuardi Nasution
Laboratorium Sistem Kendali & Komputer