[squid-users] Minor Errors In Squid.Conf (attached) That I Would Like Reviewed

From: Vadim Pushkin <wiskbroom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 12:48:46 +0000

Hello;

I've attached my condensed (without comments) squid.conf that is giving me
some trouble. My problems are as follows:

1. I am unable to connect to the cachemgr.cgi from machines in "Bldg_One"
or "Bldg_Two". I am trying to connect to cachemgr.cgi via webmin.

2. My disk space allocated seems to get used up within about three months
and I am not sure how to properly set up my config to expire my cache
sooner, don't even know what it is expiring at now for that matter. When my
allocated disk space is met, squid dies. The last time that this happened I
ran a clear and rebuild cache, this was a terrible mistake as it had taken
an entire day to run.

3. I am able to connect using ports that I thought I had forbidden using
"CONNECT". Is my ordering wrong?

4. I have at my disposal another 64GB partition contained in this machine
and I would like to get some suggestions for the best way to use it. I.e,
shall I just newfs this other partition and initialize it so as to pre-stage
a new cache in case my hard drive dies? Or, can I just use it alongside
what I have now and have squid continue to work even if one of the two
partitions dies?

As you can see from my attached config file, I have come a long way, but I
am not completely aware of all that squid can do.

Thank you all in advance,

.vp

Vadim