[squid-users] Squid 3 Static compile with SSL

From: Discussion Lists <discussions@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 21:36:19 -0700

All,
The subject basically says it all. I want to compile squid3 statically
with SSL enabled. I have tried doing the following:

./configure --enable-ssl --enable-static=yes

But that doesn't work. I still get an error indicating an SSL library
is needed and missing.

I also tried adding "-static" to the "gcc" option in the Makefile, and I
also added it to the LDFLAGS (which probably would have worked anyhow).
When I do the configure statement above however without the
"--enable-ssl" it seems to be compiled statically, but it just doesn't
have SSL capabilities. I've done google searches, I've checked the
configure --help, and nothing that I could see. Any ideas?