RE: [squid-users] Proxy Settings on Browser

From: Shawn Wright <swright@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:29:48 -0700

On our own PCs, we manage this centrally through Mozilla/Netscape defaults.
For student and visitor PCs, we have finally implemented autoconfiguration by
placing a file on our webserver (proxy.pac and wpad.dat - one for
Netscape/Mozilla, the other for IE), and a record in our DHCP server to tell the
clients where to find it. (not necessarily needed, newer clients seem to guess by
adding "wpad" to the domain name)
So far it works with Mozilla, Firefox, IE6.

On 5 Apr 2006 at 14:04, Nick Duda wrote:

> In an Active Directory environment you use GPO's to configure clients
> proxy settings.
>
> - Nick

Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager
Shawnigan Lake School