Re: [squid-users] acl for ports 443

From: Dwayne Hottinger <dhottinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:19:01 -0400

Quoting Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@gmail.com>:

> > I dont want to block all ssl sites. However, for some reason any url that
> has
> > https: in it, doesnt go through the proxy
>
> - It should, in the default settings; check access.log for the failing
> URI's.
> - Check cache.log , for further error info , if any.

> M.

Mark,
Thanks for the insight. But I dont see any of the above in my cache.logs or my
access.log. I think my firewall rules are causing everything on port 443 to
bypass my filter. I have a rule for redirecting port 80 traffic to the proxy
server, but nothing for port 443. Im going to explore that unless someone has
a better idea.

thanks,

ddh

--