RE: [squid-users] Howto Clear Cache Periodicaly

From: <lokesh.khanna@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:14:30 +0100

You should use cache replacement policy

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillaume Vachon [mailto:gvachon@tc2l.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:14 PM
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Howto Clear Cache Periodicaly

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 15:49 +0100, Neil A. Hillard wrote:
> Guillaume Vachon wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 14:51 +0100, Neil A. Hillard wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> mail reformatted to make sense (i.e. please don't top post!)

> >> If you want better advice you'll need to show here how you've
checked
> >> that. Have you used iostat, vmstat, etc. You may also want to
post you
> >> squid.conf (stripped of comments and blank lines).
> >>
> >> Do you have multiple cache_dirs specified?

> >> Correct - you should not have to. After all, I have a dual
P3-667MHz
> >> with 512Mb RAM serving over 3500 clients. Your machine is
considerably
> >> more powerful.
> >>
> >> What is the machine doing when it is in this state. Is anything
logged
> >> in cache.log, anything relevant in syslog?
> >>

> >> Without more information we can't really offer any advice.
> >>

> >> Neil.
> >>

> > ---
> >
> > Here is my squid.conf
> >
> > pid_filename /opt2/squid-logs/squid.pid
> > redirect_program /usr/local/squid/bin/zapchain
/usr/local/squid/bin/squidGuard
> > "/usr/local/squid/bin/SquidClamAV_Redirector.py
> > -c /usr/local/squid/etc/SquidClamAV_Redirector.conf"
> > redirect_children 30
> > acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
> > acl proxycsbf src 10.0.10.15/255.255.255.255
> > redirector_access deny proxycsbf
> > redirector_access deny localhost
> > auth_param basic children 5
> > auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
> > auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
> > auth_param basic casesensitive off
> > refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
> > refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
> > refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320
> > acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> > acl manager proto cache_object
> > acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
> > acl SSL_ports port 443 563
> > acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
> > acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
> > acl Safe_ports port 443 563 # https, snews
> > acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
> > acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
> > acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
> > acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
> > acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
> > acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
> > acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
> > acl CONNECT method CONNECT
> > http_access allow manager localhost
> > http_access deny manager
> > http_access deny !Safe_ports
> > http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
> > acl our_networks src 10.0.0.0/8 172.16.0.0/12 192.168.0.0/16
> > http_access allow our_networks
> > http_access deny all
> > http_reply_access allow all
> > icp_access allow all
> > cache_mgr ""
> > cache_effective_user squid
> > cache_effective_group squid
> > visible_hostname ""
> > err_html_text toot@ootot.net
> > forwarded_for off
> > cachemgr_passwd *******
> > error_directory /usr/local/squid/share/errors/French
> > coredump_dir /usr/local/squid/var/cache
>
> You don't have a cache_dir declared so squid wouldn't start with that
> config!
>

> >> What is the machine doing when it is in this state. Is anything
logged
> >> in cache.log, anything relevant in syslog?
> >
> > Says too much file open in the cache or something like that.
>
> Please give the exact message as it will help tracing the problem. It

> sounds like you may be running out of file descriptors.
>

> Neil.

To the last message some line of my config files are missing.. this is
my total squid.conf :

http_port 8080
icp_port 0
hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?
acl MS
dstdomain .windowsupdate.com .windowsupdate.microsoft.com .windows.com
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY
no_cache deny MS
cache_mem 100 MB
cache_dir aufs /opt2/squid-cache/ 5000 16 256
cache_access_log /opt2/squid-logs/access.log
cache_log /opt2/squid-logs/cache.log
cache_store_log /opt2/squid-logs/store.log
[...]
Disclaimer
****************************************************************************************************************************
The information contained in this e-mail, any attached files, and response threads are confidential and
may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, kindly notify the sender by return
mail and delete this message and any attachment(s) immediately.

Save as expressly permitted by the author, any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance
on the contents of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Unless otherwise clearly stated, and related to the official business of Accelon Nigeria Limited, opinions,
conclusions, and views expressed in this message are solely personal to the author.

Accelon Nigeria Limited accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, be it direct, indirect or consequential,
arising from information made available in this e-mail and actions resulting there from.

For more information about Accelon Nigeria Limited, please see our website at
http://www.accelonafrica.com