[squid-users] ssl port 443

From: Dwayne Hottinger <dhottinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:49:45 -0400

Sirs,

I would like to have all internet requests go through my proxy server. My
firewall now redirects all port 80 requests to my proxy server, I would like to
have port 443 requests go their also, because my filtering software resides on
the proxy server, and to get around the filter, all one has to do is use https:
and they are no longer subject to the rules. I read through the faq on https:
and it doesnt look like this is what I want. I added a rule to my firewall to
redirect port 443 traffic to my proxy server and it doesnt seem to work
(timeouts), plus I have nothing in either cache.log or access.log to indicate
that https: traffic is connecting. Do I have to do another build of squid and
--enable-https: or is this only for reverse proxy for my internal servers? Or
can I add an acl to address https traffic and if so, what? I am running Squid
Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE6
configure options: --enable-storeio=diskd,ufs --enable-smartfilter. Redhat
linux 8 kernel 2.4.19.

thanks,

ddh

--