Re: [squid-users] Multiple Destinations

From: Sketch <sketchster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:02:09 -0700

On 4/11/06, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> mån 2006-04-10 klockan 17:59 -0400 skrev Sketch:
>
> > Not sure what host header based vhosts are, but it's just a single site on each.

Gotcha. I use IP Based hosts, so from my research thus far the following is true:

* set accel host to virtual, call a redirector which is a separate program, and have it rewrite the URL.

My question regarding this is will we see higher performance invoking a small perl script for every request, rather then setting up a completely separate squid instance?

Has anyone else treaded on this ground? Your results?

Thanks!