Re: [squid-users] Still impossible for transparent proxy + user + squidGuard?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:54:23 +0200

tor 2006-04-13 klockan 11:12 -0700 skrev jimmy@emobilenetworks.com:
> We haven't found the solution on the web or in our attempts yet. Has anyone
> been able to get it to work for user names instad of ip range? We do provide a
> login, but not on the browser level. Thanks in advance.

If you tell Squid the username via an external acl then this should be
picked up by the redirector in the ident field, just as it does when you
use proxy authentication.

How to get the username in your environment is left as an exercise to
the reader as it is not part of any standard and very dependent on your
network authentication & idendification method. But what I can say is
that if you from an IP address can find out who the user is then you can
plug in this knowledge to Squid via the external acl interface.