[squid-users] merging bandwidth of multiple cache parents

From: <devnull@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:04:40 +0300

Hi there,

My setup is a simple multiple ISP setup, i have multiple proxies with
each 1Mbps connection speed, my squid.conf is set to round-robin those
Proxies:

cache_peer proxy.myisp1.com parent 8080 0 round-robin no-query no-delay
cache_peer proxy.myisp2.com parent 8080 0 round-robin no-query no-delay
cache_peer proxy.myisp3.com parent 8080 0 round-robin no-query no-delay

This is a perfect setup for load balancing, and it can also let clients
using download accelerators such as DAP, Free Download Manager, Internet
Download Accelerator to open multiple sections for their download and
actually get a total b/w of 3Mbps.

I want to know if there is a way to do the same but on the squid level,
without having the need to use a download accelerator. I basically want
to merge the b/w of my parents so that any HTTP request would be merged
on the client end, yet split to the 3 parents on the squid level.

Any suggestion of a direct or indirect way of accomplishing this is
welcomed.

Sincerely,

--
devnull@plugthebox.net <devnull@plugthebox.net>