RE: [squid-users] proxy.pac

From: Jason Gauthier <jgauthier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:45:29 -0400

> Yes, the truncating problem was simple to work around. Just
> copy proxy.pac to proxy.pa.
>
> I take the autodiscovery comment back about not being
> supported in other browsers.
>
> I stand by my recommendation, however, to use the
> configuration script, as opposed to autodiscovery.

My biggest disagreement in this case is mobility. In an enterprise
environment forcing a .pac file, or forcing any proxy server, is not a
good idea. As soon as a mobile user leaves your network they can no
longer access the internet. Most users aren't savvy enough to handle
this. So, in my case I am forced to use IE/WPAD trickery.

And yes.. It's far from perfect!