Re: [squid-users] Problems with password authenticationed site

From: Roger <morris_r@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:40:03 -0700

Around Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 06:29:03PM +0100, Tony, wrote:
> Users are trying to access http://sms.warnerleach.co.uk which resolves to
> 212.50.183.91 but the page is failing with:
>
> #####
> You are not authorized to view this page
> credentials you supplied.
> ######

I got the above message, plus the following:

Background:
This is usually caused by a server-side script not sending the proper
WWW-Authenticate header field. Using Active Server Pages scripting this
is done by using the AddHeader method of the Response object to request
that the client use a certain authentication method to access the
resource.

my guess is there's some problem with the site, not a squid problem.
I'm using squid/squidguard and saw the problem also.

--
Roger Morris
687-3579