RE: [squid-users] Squid and www.runescape.com

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:17:38 +0200

tor 2006-04-20 klockan 15:25 +0100 skrev Tony:
> If the web server was broken would it also not fail when trying to access
> the game without going through Squid?

It doesn't fail via Squid-2.5.STABLE13 here.

The brokenness isn't noticed by most browsers as they are quite careless
in parsing the HTTP protocol. Unfortunately due to recent attacks Squid
cannot affort that luxury and is quite strict about the HTTP protocol
structure. But this specific error only gets logged in cache.log unless
you have told Squid to be really strict via the relaxed_http_parser
directive..

> It only fails when I try to go via the Squid server.

Which Squid version?

> Is there a different way of writing cookies for sending via a proxy and
> sending them directly to a web browser?

If the server formats the cookie header correctly there will not be a
problem.

The problem is that their cookie header has a newline after the date,
followed by yet another cookie argument. This breaks the HTTP protocol
as headers are terminated by newline so that extra argument gets read as
another header line, but it isn't a valid header..