Re: [squid-users] Bypassing Squid for HTTP 1.1 chunked response for WebApp Siebel

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:23:37 +0200

mån 2006-04-24 klockan 11:45 +0200 skrev Mehdi Melhaa:

> I encounter the same problem with my Siebel Web Application.
> I apply the following instruction in squid.conf :
>
> acl MySiebelCL dst 10.0.0.10/255.255.255.255
> header_access Accept-Encoding deny MySiebelCL
>
> But I don't see any change. The response time are very slow. If I the same
> access without the proxy/ the response time is better.
>
> Do you have any idea ?

If your Siebel application is responding with chunked encoding in
response to requests from Squid you SHOULD discuss this with your Siebel
support contact as the server is in plain violation of the HTTP
specifications. Servers MUST NOT send chunked encoding to HTTP/1.0
clients (RFC 2616 3.6 Transfer Codings, last sentence). An application
violating a MUST/MUST NOT condition of the HTTP specifications is by
definition non-compliant with the specification.

But first, verify using squidclient or a similar siple client that the
application really is sending chunked encoding and that the problem is
not something else.