[squid-users] request method change...

From: Dmitry S. Makovey <dmitry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:54:47 -0600

Hi,
Simple version of my question:
Can I use squid to change request method from GET to HEAD ?

Expanded version of question:
I've got filtering proxy set up on-site. It allows only HEAD requests
for anything non-xml-ish. I've got some dum^H^H^Hunexperienced
developers who have no clue how to make HEAD requests (they want to
check "broken links", so HEAD will do just fine) and don't want to
learn so I was wondering if I can handle it on the server side
mangling request to send out HEAD instead of GET.

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator