[squid-users] DelayPool + AUTH and ACL

From: Mehdi Sarmadi <msarmadi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:11:52 +0330

Dear Bro's

There are something ambiguous for me:

I use these ACL definitions:

acl LAN src 192.168.0.0/24
acl password proxy_auth user1

and these access rules:

http_access allow password
http_access allow LAN

about proxy_acl access lists, I want have squid do this for me:

-- Some people can use squid for internet access with username/password

-- Also Allow people use squid for internet access without entering any
username/password

I want to use this in combination with delay_pools to give some people
privilage to use special Bandwidth if they use their username password,
and other use a regular limited Bandwidth.

But as I configured, when I try to access with username/password it is
OK and have Bandwidth, but I cannot use squid with out providing
username/password it does not allow me to get through w/o
username/password and gives a access denied page.

The things that made me look for this were these sentences:
quote:
You can combine username/password access-lists and speed-limits. You
can, for example. allow users that have not logged into the cache
access to the Internet, but at a much slower speed than users who have
logged in. Users that are logged in get access to dedicated bandwidth,
but are charged for their downloads.

from:
http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/x1982.html

Please let me know, what I did wrong? and how should I do what is sayed
in that quote?

TIA
Best Regards

--