Re: [squid-users] Possible to set password expiry for ldap authentication?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:54:44 +0200

fre 2006-04-28 klockan 10:53 +0800 skrev Yong Bong Fong:

> I have a long running squid + ldap authentication for internet access.
> Now I wish to set it up so that the user password expires after certain
> period and the aged password can no longer be used to access the
> internet. Is it possible?

This depends on your LDAP server to support password expiry in simple
bind operations.. most do not.

Can also be built as an external acl, verifying that the account hasn't
expired. This is supported by all, but requires your password changing
scheme to somehow update the expiry information.. exact details varies
with wich LDAP schema and tools you are using.