Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy testing and number request squid can handle in revers proxy mode

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:49:06 +0200

lör 2006-04-29 klockan 12:10 +0100 skrev Michael Pye:

> This depends on a large number of factors, but there's no reason why you
> could not get several hundred requests per second, if not several
> thousand requests per second being handled.

Most reverse proxy setups I have seen in production peaks around 500 to
1500 requests/second of real life traffic depending on type of workload
on the site, how much the Squid code have been tuned and hardware.

Synthetic test workloads can get a lot higher with less work..

Note: Forward Internet proxying is generally much harder to handle than
reverse proxying as the diversity of the requests is much larger in
forward Internet proxies.